Although the length of the process depends greatly on how fast you need to find your new home, here are some useful references for how long it can take to secure a place with Homie:
Getting a personal list of homes
- Within 12h of confirming your criteria with our customer development team, your personal home-finder (Homie) will upload a hand-picked list of homes onto your profile. In the meantime, they can answer any questions you might have about renting, areas, or our service!
Booking your viewing tour
- We recommend that you select your favourites (up to 25 homes!) and book a tour as fast as possible, ideally within the day. That way we can reduce the number of properties getting let before you get a chance to see them.
- Your Homie will need 24h to call all estate agents and book in your viewings for the tour.
Getting your offer accepted
- Once you have found the right property and put down an offer, the landlord usually replies within 12-48h. However, we can't control this and some landlords might take a few days or even a week to respond.
Before getting your keys
- After your offer is accepted, you will go through the referencing process, which tends to take 3-5 working days.
- At this point, you pay the pay the remaining outstanding funds (security deposit an first month's rent).
- Once the monies have cleared your account, it's time to sign the contract, and pick up your keys on the first day of the contract!
If you are planning to come to London first and then look for a home, we would advise you to have accommodation sorted out for the first two weeks just in case there are unexpected obstacles that prolong the process.
Alternatively, we can do video tours for you while you are out of the country, and the whole process can be sorted from abroad.
All estate agencies will require that you pick up your keys in person and bring your passport to the agency branch to confirm your identity. Some estate agents might require you to come in person earlier in the process.
If you have any other questions, please let us know in the chat!