Renting in London with a pet
London landlords don't love pets in their rentals, so renting with a pet will be a bit harder than without. Here are some things to consider:
- Unfortunately most listings won't specify the property as pet friendly.
- Landlords might be more open depending on the pet you have. Small animals are easier to accommodate for, whereas big dogs in particular might be a bit trickier to place.
- Your security deposit might be a higher. Some landlords ask for full 8 weeks deposit instead of 6 weeks, to cover any damage the pet might do.
How we find pet friendly rentals
- Let us know straight away that you have a pet! We can give you better advice if we know all your circumstances.
- Tell us a mini bio for your pet: kind of animal, age, training. Anything that helps us sell the idea to the agent - we've even seen dog CVs including pictures!
- We won't know if the properties are pet friendly until we book you a tour. To avoid disappointment, select as many properties as you can from your profile.
- Your homie will call all estate agents and only book viewings that accept pets.
We're sorry we can't guarantee that all properties will be pet friendly - it is up to the landlord to decide. We will make sure we try our best to find your multi-species family a rented home!